- UMANG means Unified Mobile Application for New-Age Governance
- It is one of the key initiatives under the Digital India program to develop a common, unified platform and mobile app to facilitate a single point of access to all government services.
- It is envisaged to act as a master application, which will integrate 200 applications which will offer around 1,200 services of various government departments of the Centre, states and local bodies, and even some important utility services from the private sector.
- The main objective of UMANG is to curtail the inconvenience faced by users in managing multiple mobile applications and facilitate as one-stop-solution to avail varied government services.
- The government also started world’s largest rural broadband connectivity project known as Bharat Net. Under Bharat Net, the government has laid 155,000 km of optic fibre cable till date
- Government also proposed a Digital Depository for school leaving certificates, as a part of its Digital India initiative, to be a one-stop house for storing all education-related certificates of schools and colleges.