- Jeevan Pramaan- a biometric-enabled digital service for pensioners
- Jeevan Pramaan is an initiative for pensioners launched by union government.
- The main aim of the scheme is to provide digital service for pensioners of Central Government, State Government or any other Government organization by using biometrics.
- The new service issues a digital version of life certificate for pensioners to validate at the year-end without physical presence in the pension offices.
What is Jeevan Pramaan?
Jeevan Pramaan is a biometric-enabled Digital Life Certificate for pensioners where they can generate and share it with Pension Disbursing Agencies (PDAs). The facility is available for retired employees of Central Government, State Government and other government institutions.
It is very difficult for senior citizens and other retired employees to visit the bank every year and submit a life certificate in person. The Government of India has made provision for such pensioners to generate the digital life certificate using Aadhaar-based biometric authentication by visiting the Jeevan Pramaan portal or downloading the Jeevan Pramaan app on their smartphones.
A person can avail the facilities of Jeevan Pramaan if he meets the following eligibility criteria:
- He/she should be a pensioner
- He/she should be a retired government employee (Central Government, State Government or other Government Institutions)
- He/she should have a valid Aadhaar number
- The Aadhaar number should be registered with the Pension Distributing Agency
How to Avail Jeevan Pramaan Facilities Online
Jeevan Pramaan facilities can be availed online through the Jeevan Pramaan website or the mobile application. The user has to download the application for Windows/Mac/Android and install it to his/her device. A biometric device has to be attached to the device (PC/smartphone/tablet) to avail Jeevan Pramaan services.
Follow the steps mentioned below to register for Jeevan Pramaan:
- Open the Jeevan Pramaan app in your device
- Select the option for new registration
- Enter the required details such as Aadhaar number, Pension Payment Order, Bank Account, Bank name and your mobile number
- Click on send OTP to generate an OTP and send it to the mentioned mobile number
- Enter this OTP to proceed ahead
- Authenticate your details through biometric verification (fingerprint or iris scan) using Aadhaar
- Once you click on submit, your details will be validated by UIDAI and a Pramaan ID will be generated against your details after successful registration
- You can use this Pramaan ID to login to your Jeevan Pramaan account.
How to Generate Jeevan Pramaan Certificate/ID
Jeevan Pramaan can be generated online through the app. Follow these steps to generate Jeevan Pramaan online:
- Login to your Jeevan Pramaan app by entering your Pramaan ID and OTP
- Select the Generate Jeevan Pramaan option
- Enter the Aadhaar number and mobile number and click on Generate OTP
- An OTP is sent to the mobile number. Enter the OTP in the space provided
- Enter details such as –
- Pensioner Name
- PPO Number
- Type of pension
- Name of Sanctioning Authority
- Name of Disbursing Agency
- Name of Agency
- Email Id
- Select Remarried options
- Select Re-Employed Options
- Select the no objection option and scan your fingerprint/iris
- The biometric input is authenticated using the Aadhaar data
- The Jeevan Pramaan is displayed on the screen after successful authentication
- A confirmation message is sent to the pensioner’s mobile number containing the Jeevan Pramaan Certificate ID
Jeevan Pramaan Certificate Download
Once a Digital Life Certificate (DLC) is generated, it is stored in the Life Certificate Repository. A pensioner can download the Jeevan Pramaan certificate through the app or by visiting the website. The Pension Disbursing Agency (PDA) can download the Jeevan Pramaan from the Life Certificate Repository of a pensioner. Here’s how the Jeevan Pramaan Certificate can be downloaded by the PDA:
- A PDA has to login to the registered account at the Jeevan Pramaan website.
- Jeevan Pramaan of the pensioner can be downloaded by entering the Pramaan ID
- The PDA can view/download the Jeevan Pramaan only when it is shared by the pensioner
- If not registered, a PDA cannot access the Digital Life Certificate of the pensioner
Benefits of Jeevan Pramaan
- Jeevan Pramaan makes it easy for pensioners to submit Digital Life Certificate
- The verification is done using the Aadhaar-biometric authentication which eliminates the chances of fraudulent activities
- SMS notification is sent to the pensioner on successful Jeevan Pramaan Certificate generation
- No DLC can be generated without the approval of the pensioner
- Once submitted, the pensioner gets his monthly pension disbursed in his pension account.