UIDAI launched mAadhaar app in July 2017 to eliminate the need to carry physical Aadhaar cards everywhere. With this help, the digital version of the Aadhar card can be carried in the smartphone. In November last year, an updated version of the mAadhaar app was launched. To access digital Aadhaar through the mAadhaar app, the same mobile number has to be used, which is registered in Aadhaar-linked i.e. UIDAI. The app has to be downloaded to the smartphone and add a profile.
The special thing here is that 3 Aadhar card profiles can be added on a mAadhaar app on a mobile number. The condition for adding 3 Aadhaar card profiles on a mAadhaar app is that the same mobile number should be registered in the three Aadhaar cards on which the app is installed. However, only one base will be active on the app at a time. Digital version of Aadhaar card can be accessed anytime and anywhere by adding profile on mAadhaar app. The app is password protected.
Add profile like this on mAadhaar
- Enter the 12 digit Aadhaar number in the app or scan the Aadhaar card.
- Put all the necessary information and click on Verify. It will be at the bottom of the screen.
- If the details provided by you are correct, then OTP will come and the app will read the OTP automatically.
- After this the profile will be added.
- To view the profile on the app, press your profile on the homepage of the app and enter the profile password. To see the address you have to flip the profile in the profile screen.
This is how you can delete profiles
- Open your profile on the Aadhar app and click on the menu in the top right.
- Select the delete profile option.
- After this your profile will be deleted from the app
Keep in mind these points
– Aadhar profile in mAadhaar app can remain active on only one device at a time. If the same SIM card is inserted in another smartphone, then the old profile will be deleted from the old smartphone by being active and will have to create a new profile on the app on the new device.
– mAadhaar cannot run offline because it needs to download data from UIDAI.
– To see the recently updated Aadhaar data on the app, one has to go to ‘View updated profile’. This option remains at the top right corner. Upon selecting, OTP will come, which will be filled automatically. After this, the updated profile can be seen by tapping on OK.
Over 35 Aadhaar Services Available
The mAadhaar app is available on the Google Play Store for Android users and the Apple Store for iPhone users. Aadhar card holders can use more than 35 Aadhaar services on the updated mAadhaar app. These services include Aadhaar download, Aadhaar status check, Order Aadhaar reprint, Biometrics lock / unlock, Locate Aadhaar center etc.