In today’s time, Aadhaar has become a very important document. For this reason it is also important to keep your Aadhaar data secure. To further increase security in your Aadhaar data, you can lock your biometric in Aadhaar data. According to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the purpose of this facility is to strengthen the privacy and privacy of the person. Once locked, you will not be able to use Aadhaar authentication based services like eKYC or Attendance. If you want to use Aadhaar based authentication, you can unlock it or disable the locking system.
How to lock data then?
- For this, first you have to go to the official website of UIDAI uidai.gov.in.
- After that the page will open, click on the lock / unlock biometrics.
- Then select the check box to confirm. Then click on lock / unlock biometric.
- After this a new page will open. Put the 12 number Aadhaar number there.
- After this, fill the captcha code and click on send OTP.
- OTP will be sent to your registered number. Put it and click on submit.
- A new page will open on the screen. You have to click on the enabled locking feature provided there.
- After doing this, it will appear on your display that your biometric has been locked.
Follow these steps to unlock the data
- Enter the 12 number Aadhaar number. Then fill the captcha code and click on send OTP.
- After this OTP will be sent to your registered number. Put it and click on submit.
- Then a new page will open on the screen. You have to click on the disabled locking feature given there.
- After doing this, it will appear on your display that your biometric has been unlocked.