A new mobile app has been launched to enable Aadhaar holders to download their Aadhaar details on mobile phones. The app is meant to carry residents’ Aadhaar number and demographics data, like Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address and Photograph on mobile phone. The app may be downloaded through Google Play app store on mobile numbers registered in UIDAI’s database.
“Uninstall any previously installed versions of the mAadhaar app from your mobile. Download and install the NewmAadhaarApp,” UIDAI tweeted.
The mAadhaar can be installed on your Android and iPhones. Android users can download the new Aadhaar app from playstore. iOS users can download the new Aadhaar app from app store.
The new Aadhaar app has two major sections:
1) Aadhaar Services Dashboard – Single window for all Aadhaar online services applicable to any Aadhaar holder
2) My Aadhaar Section – Personalised space for the Aadhaar profiles you add on your App for the selected profile
Some of the advantages of mAadhaar app are as follows:
1) There is no need to carry your original Aadhaar card wherever you go. You can use the mAadhaar app for availing all the Aadhar-based services.
2) You can lock or temporarily unlock your biometrics anytime through this mAadhaar app.
3) In case Aadhaar OTP is not sent to your mobile number due to some issues, you can use the Time-based OTP (TOTP) facility of the mAadhaar app, that is valid only for 30 seconds.
4) mAadhaar allows users to share their details using the QR code, thus preventing any data leak.
5)A user can share his eKYC through message or email directly.