UAN number is Provided by EPFO to every employee. This happens the same throughout your life, no matter how many jobs you change. To activate UAN, the Employees Provident Fund Organization has described its process on its Twitter handle.
If you work, then this news is very important for you because in the present time UAN number has become very important. Every subscriber is given a Universal Account Number (UAN) to check the EPF money. Through this UAN, you can operate your balance, PF account, or take advantage of any other facility. This number is found only during the entire service period. A UAN is a 12-digit number. Whom EPFO issues. Change as many jobs as you want. As soon as a new member joins. The EPFO issues a new EPFO number to that new member.
PF account holders are those who have not received their UAN number or who have received it, they have not activated it. Let us tell you that the UAN number is very important for the serviceman. Through this, details of the provident fund account can be found. If you do not know your UAN, you can find it from the EPFO website.
Here is the step by step process to activate UAN on the EPFO portal
- First, you have to visit the official portal of EPFO https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/.
- Now you have to click on our services.
- Then click in For Employees.
- Then after this, you have to click on Member UAN / online services.
- Now you have to go to the UAN portal. You have to enter the mobile number and PF member ID.
- Now you have to click on Get authorization PIN.
- Then the PIN number will be sent to your registered mobile number, now enter OTP.
- Then click on Validate OTP. After this, your UAN will be activated.
Once the UAN is activated, your work will become easier. Through UAN you get the facility of online PF transfer, balance check, and withdrawal. All your old and new accounts appear in this UAN.
Get information like this
EPFO has started many services for the employees to know their PF account. Users can also get their PF account information from the phone. For this, you only have to give a missed call on 011 229 01 406 number. But remember that the phone number you are calling from should be registered with the EPFO. This information can also be obtained from SMS. In the UAN portal for SMS service, active members will have to send their registered mobile number to 7738299899 number by writing ‘EPFOHO UAN’. The special thing is that this facility is available in 10 languages.