1. This scheme aims at providing a free health cover of Rs 5 lakh per family, per year, for secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation.
2. The households included are based on the deprivation and occupational criteria of Socio-Economic Caste Census 2011 (SECC 2011) for rural and urban areas.
3. The beneficiaries get an e-card that can be used to avail cashless services at an empaneled hospital (public or private), anywhere in the country.
4. The coverage includes three days of prehospitalisation and 15 days of post-hospitalisation expenses. Around 1,400 procedures with all related costs like OT expenses are covered under the scheme.
5. Treatment for COVID-19 can be availed free of cost by eligible beneficiaries.
(Content on this page is courtesy Centre for Investment Education and Learning (CIEL). Contributions by Girija Gadre, Arti Bhargava and Labdhi Mehta.)
(Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this column are that of the writer. The facts and opinions expressed here do not reflect the views of https://yojanakhabar.com/ .)