The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has already released a list of helpline numbers for various States/UTs for all COVID19 related queries. There are two national helpline numbers as well : +91-11-23978046 and 1075 (toll-free). Now, the government has created a WhatsApp chatbot on corona. Called the MyGov Corona Helpdesk, the chat addresses user’s queries related to coronavirus in real-time with automated responses. The chatbot, however, supports English language only.
The chatbot also has a link to know the latest updates, affected regions and other details about the virus outbreak in the country. All one needs to do is send one’s query to a WhatsApp number shared by the government. Fake information about Coronavirus have been doing rounds on social media groups, especially WhatsApp. This official chatbot can prove a useful tool to address the issue of coronavirus related rumours on WhatsApp.
Here’s how you can use it
1. Save the number 90-131-515-15 in the contacts list on . your mobile phone
2. Now, open WhatsApp and search for the contact you saved to start the chat
3. Raise your query and send a message. For example- ‘What are the symptoms of coronavirus’
4. You will get an automated response on your query
5. Users can also head to the main Menu section by sending ‘Menu’ message