What is UMANG App?
The full form of UMANG is Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance. The UMANG App has been developed by National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) with the aim of driving mobile governance in India. This mobile app is designed to provide individuals access to a range of central, state and local government services using only a single platform.
How to check EPF Balance on Umang App?
The following are the steps for checking EPF Balance on UMANG:
- Once you click on the EPF module in the UMANG home page, you will get redirected to the UMANG EPFO login page. You have to provide your UAN (Universal Account Number) and OTP sent to registered mobile number to log in.
- After logging in, you can select among options such as Employee Centric Services, General Services, Employer Centric Services, Pensioner Services and eKYC Services.
- In order to check you EPF Passbook balance, you need to click on the “View Passbook” link on the UMANG EPF page.
- On clicking the “View Passbook” option, you will get directed to the Passbook Account Detail page on UMANG. This page shows the UAN you are logged in with and the PPF account details associated with the UAN provided.
- Click on the specific PPF account number to view the detailed EPF passbook.
You can click on the Deposits or Withdrawals options to view specific transactions made on your EPF Account.
EPF Withdrawal Process using UMANG App?
You can easily raise an EPF withdrawal claim using the UMANG app once you have logged into the EPF portal of UMANG. Just click on the “Raise Claim” option.
At present, UMANG EPFO module can be used to make PF withdrawal applications (employee contribution only) as well as request final settlement using Form 19 among others.