The Aadhaar Card contains vital information such as your name, address, phone number, gender, and date of birth. In case you wish to make changes on the Aadhaar Card, you can do so by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or on the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
How to Update Aadhaar Card Details Online?
You can update your name, date of birth, address, and gender details online. However, your mobile number must be linked to the Aadhaar in order to make the changes.
The procedure to update the name, address, gender, and date of birth details online is mentioned below:
Step 1 – Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/
Step 2 – Click on ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’.
Step 3 – Enter the Aadhaar number and captcha.
Step 4 – Click on ‘Send OTP’.
Step 5 – Enter the OTP that is sent to your registered mobile number.
Step 6 – Next, select ‘Update Demographics Data’.
Step 7 – Select the relevant options on the next page and click on ‘Proceed’.
Step 8 – The changes can be made on the next page. Upload the relevant document next.
Step 9 – Next, you must review the details that have been entered.
Step 10 – Next, submit the change request. You can use the Update Request Number (URN) to track the status of the address change.
How to Update Aadhaar Card Details by Visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre?
The procedure to change any Aadhaar details offline is mentioned below:
- You must fill the application correction form by requesting for one at the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
- Ensure that the correct details are entered.
- Once the documents have been attached, submit the application form to update the changes.
- A fee will have to be paid to change the address on the Aadhaar Card.
What are the Details can be Changed in the Aadhaar Card Online?
Currently, you can update the address, name, gender, and date of birth details online. However, your mobile number must be linked with your Aadhaar to make the changes online. You will have to visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre in order to make any other changes to the Aadhaar Card.
How to Update Address in Aadhar without Document Proof?
The UIDAI has launched a facility where you can update the address details on the Aadhaar without providing address proof. You will need to use the ‘Request for Aadhaar Validation Letter’ to complete the procedure. The four steps that are involved in the process are mentioned below:
Step 1 – Resident Initiates Request
- The resident must log in by providing the Aadhaar details.
- The Verifier Aadhaar details must be entered.
- An SRN will be sent.
Step 2 – Address Verifier Consents
- Click on the link that is sent to the registered mobile number.
- Log in with the Aadhaar details.
- Provide consent.
Step 3 – Address Verifier Consents
- A Verifier Consent is sent to the registered mobile number.
- Login by providing the SRN.
- Preview the address details.
- Change the language if needed.
- Submit the request.
Step 4 – User Secret Code to Complete
- A post will be sent with a letter and the Secret Code.
- Login to the address update portal.
- Change the address with the help of the Secret Code.
- Check the address and submit.
- A URN will be provided to check the status of the request.
How to Update Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card?
The procedure to change your mobile number on the Aadhaar is mentioned below:
- Visit the Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
- Submit the filled application form. Ensure that the correct mobile number is mentioned on the form.
- No documents need to be submitted to update the mobile number.
- The request for the update will be registered.
- An acknowledgment slip will be provided.
Documents Required for Updating or Correcting Aadhaar Card Information
To know about the list of supporting documents required for updating or correcting details on your Aadhaar Card, visit our documents required for Aadhaar card page.
Important Points to Remember While Updating Aadhaar
Things that you must remember while updating your Aadhaar are mentioned below:
- Ensure that the data you enter is accurate.
- Ensure the spellings are all correct.
- The data that you provide must be supported by documentary evidence.
- Do not lose the acknowledgement receipt.
- Note down your URN for tracking the status of the update.
Reasons why Update Request may get Rejected
Some of the reasons why your Aadhaar update request might be rejected are mentioned below:
- The correct procedure is not followed.
- The relevant documents are not submitted.
- Incorrect information is given.
FAQ’s on Updating Aadhaar Card details
- I want to change the mobile number registered with Aadhaar. Can it be done online?
Your mobile number cannot be updated online, and you will need to visit a Permanent Enrolment Centre.
- Will the Aadhaar number I have change after any data update?
No, the Aadhaar number will remain the same after the information update.
- Do I have to bring the original documents to the Permanent Enrolment Centre for updating?
Yes, you will have to bring the original supporting documents. However, they will be scanned and returned to you.
- How much time will it take for my Aadhaar update to happen?
It may take up to 90 days for the data to be updated on your Aadhaar post the placement of request.
- Do I have to pay any fee for updating information on my Aadhaar card?
You will have to pay a maximum fee of Rs.50 (inclusive of taxes) every time you update your details on Aadhaar. Detailed charges can be found on the UIDAI website Download PDF here.
- How can I add my father’s name or husband’s name to my address mentioned on Aadhaar?
Filling this information is optional. Details of relationship are a part of the address section in Aadhaar. It is standardised to Care Of (C/o).
- Can I update the address using local language?
Apart from the English language, you may choose any of the following languages for updating your address on your Aadhaar are Kannada, Bengali, Assamese, Gujarati, Hindi, Malayalam, Odia, Marathi, Urdu, Tamil, Punjabi, Telugu.