Prime Minister Narendra Modi has now made it clear to the state Chief Ministers that there will be no lockdown 5 or 6, the unlock phase has already started. Now, there is no going back. Prime Minister Modi’s this announcement has amid rumours and MHA’s continuous effort to bust the fake news on a probable extension of lockdown. He also urged the chief ministers to think of Unlock 2.0 or the next phases of unlocking.
This is what PM Modi said to the CMs in the last 2 days
1. There won’t be any new lockdowns anywhere in the country.
2. Give more momentum to economic activities that have already resumed.
3. Bring in investment, increase business and employment opportunities.
4. Fight against coronavirus should continue.
5. Raise awareness about the number of patients who have recovered from coronavirus infection to get people out of “stigma due to fear of getting infected.”
6. Trace, track and isolate — the three-pronged fight must become quicker
7. The helplines should be helpful, not helpless.
8. In states where Arogya Setu App has been downloaded more, there have been very positive results. We have to constantly try to increase the reach of the Aarogya Setu App and ensure more and more people to download this app.
9. We should form a team of senior doctors to guide patients via telemedicine and to provide them with the right information. Apart from this, we also have to raise an army of young volunteers who can run the helpline effectively for the public.
10. The spread of Covid-19 is more in a few big states and cities.
On Tuesday and Wednesday, PM Modi interacted with the CMs to chart out the final course of action to fights with the covid-19 crisis.