LOST Your 10th Marksheet? Here’s How Get Duplicate Marksheet

Matriculation Certificate


Marksheet is an important document, which is not only essential for enrolling in further studies or getting a job, but also serves as a proof of birth in the absence of birth certificate. But what if your statement of marks is lost? Well, don’t worry as duplicate marksheets can be obtained if you have lost the originals which can be used to fulfill all your purposes.

To get a duplicate marksheet and certificate:

  • File an FIR in the nearest police station.
  • Fill the application form available on CBSE Website.
  • Fill the application form carefully.
  • An Affidavit on Non-Judicial Stamp Paper of Rs.10 should be filed.
  • Prepare a demand draft for the requisite amount.
  • Attach identification certificate of a gazetted officer or principal.
  • Attach the new paper declaration/press release.
  • Send to CBSE regional office with all attachments.


  • One needs to fill separate application forms for each duplicate certificate.
  • Candidate applying for duplicates should keep in mind the varying fees according to the year of passing and get the demand draft prepared accordingly. The application should be sent to the regional CBSE office along with required documents and fees.
  • The documents will be received after 15 days excluding the holidays.
  • The certificates shall be collected within three months from the date of depositing the fee otherwise it will be cancelled and the candidate will have to apply afresh for procuring the documents.
  • One should not forget to mention the correct name, parents name and roll number while applying.
  • In case of emergency, the documents can be prepared within 2 days. An extra amount of fee is to be paid for getting the documents early.
  • Migration certificate will be issued only to the successful candidates or those who have been placed in compartment order while seeking admission for further studies. The failed candidates should not apply as they will not be granted the migration.
  • The revised fee for the documents can be seen on FAQ page of official CBSE Website.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *