Last Date for Submission of Application is on 15th June, 2021.
No.of Posts and Vacancies :-
Diploma Trainee – 35 Posts
To take the growth curve to further heights, POWERGRID is looking for Bright, Committed and Energetic candidates to be inducted in the posts as detailed below for Northern Region-I covering the states of Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Haryana & Delhi.
1. Name of Post: Diploma Trainee (Electrical)
2. Total no. of vacancies: 30
3. Qualification: Full Time Regular 3 Years Diploma from recognized Technical Board/ Institute with minimum 70% marks for General / OBC(NCL) / EWS candidates and pass marks for SC/ST/PWD. Higher technical qualification like B.Tech/B.E/M.Tech/M.E etc with or without Diploma is not allowed
4. Discipline: Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering/ Power Engineering (Electrical)
1. Name of Post: Diploma Trainee (Civil)
2. Total no. of vacancies: 05
3. Qualification: Full Time Regular 3 Years Diploma from recognized Technical Board/ Institute with minimum 70% marks for General/OBC(NCL)/EWS/ ST candidates and pass marks for SC candidates. Higher technical qualification like B.Tech/B.E/M.Tech/M.E etc with or without Diploma is not allowed
4. Discipline: Civil Engineering
5. Stipend during training period: Rs. 27500/- pm
6. Designation & Level on successful completion of training period: Junior Engineer Gr-IV at S1 level in Supervisory category
7. Basic pay on Regularisation: Rs.25000/- in the pay-scale of Rs.25000-117500/- (IDA)
8. Advt. No. : NR-I/02/2021/DT
Diploma Trainee (Electrical): 27 years for General/EWS 30 years for OBC(NCL) 32 years for SC/ST, Diploma Trainee (Civil): 27 years for General/ST/EWS 30 years for OBC(NCL) 32 years for SC
Rs 300/-, SC/ST/PwD/Ex-SM/Departmental candidates need not pay the Application Fee regardless of the post being reserved for them or not.
1. Opening date of online submission of applications and online payment of application fees 24.05.2021 (10:00 A.M.)2. Closing date of online submission of applications and online payment of application fees 15.06.2021 (23:59 Hrs)3. Cut-Off date for the purpose of computation of eligibility criteria and other norms viz. Upper Age Limit, Qualification, etc. 15.06.20214. Date of Written Test (Computer Based Test) Will be notified separately on the website
General Information And Instructions:
1. Only Indian Nationals who have attained the age of 18 years and above are eligible to apply.2. Before applying, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned in this advertisement as on closing date of application.3. For the Un Reserved (UR) vacancy, SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/EWS candidates can apply subject to meeting with all general standards of eligibility.4. The candidate must possess qualifications recognized by the relevant statutory bodies like UGC/ AICTE etc. Correspondence course in Diploma shall not be considered as recognised qualification as per AICTE norms.
5. Higher technical qualification like B.Tech/B.E/M.Tech/M.E etc with or without Diploma is not allowed.
6. Recruitment of Diploma Trainees/Junior Officer Trainees/Junior Tech. Trainees etc are conducted on regional basis against requirement of concerned regions. Hence, candidates joining in such positions in regions are not entitled for inter-region transfer request.
7. All eligibility qualification should be recognized and from a recognized Institution/Board/Council/ University. Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree/diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University/ Institute.
i. Proof of norms adopted by the University/Institute to convert CGPA/OGPA/DGPA into percentage is to be submitted at the time of verification, if called for. In case the University/Institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
8. Mere submission of application does not guarantee the adequacy of candidature for being considered for further selection process.
9. Management reserves the right to cancel/restrict/enlarge/modify/alter the recruitment/selection process, if need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereafter.
10. The vacancies notified may vary and operation of panel will depend on requirement.
11. Candidature is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment/selection process or after joining, if any information provided by the candidate is not found in conformity with the criteria mentioned or if POWERGRID comes across any evidence/knowledge that the qualification, experience and any other particulars indicated in the application/other forms/formats are not recognized/false/misleading and/or amounts to suppression of information/particulars which should have been brought to the notice of POWERGRID.
12. All computations of eligibility criteria and other norms viz. Age, Qualification, etc., shall be as on closing date of online application. Date of issuance of final mark sheet shall be taken as the date of acquiring qualification.
13. Candidates selected in POWERGRID are liable to be posted anywhere in India and abroad.
14. Management reserves the right to raise or lower the qualifying standards in any stage of the selection process depending on availability of sufficient number of candidates.
15. Candidates working in Govt./PSU are required to produce “No Objection Certificate” at the time of Document verification.
16. SC/ST/PwD Candidates shall be reimbursed second class rail fare/bus fare by shortest route for to and fro travel for the purpose of appearing in test, on production of railway ticket/number/bus ticket for onward journey and self-attested copy of SC/ST/PwD certificate, restricted to distance between the address for communication and the nearest test centre.
17. Candidates claiming reservation under OBC (NCL) should belong to OBC-Non-Creamy Layer as on closing date of submission of online application.
18. Candidates belonging to OBC (NCL) category will have to submit latest OBC (NCL) certificate in proper format issued during FY 2021-2022.
19. All photocopies of documents (along with the application) submitted at the time of Document Verification, if called for, should be self-attested by the candidate. Candidates should retain sufficient number of same coloured size photograph as used in the online application for future use.
20. Candidates shall submit application for only ONE post as the Written Test shall be held on the same day for all the posts.
21. Legal jurisdiction will be NCT of Delhi in case of any cause / dispute.
22. Online application forms that are incomplete and without prescribed fee will be rejected straight away and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
23. Mere submission of application to POWERGRID does not guarantee the adequacy of candidature for being considered for further selection process.
24. There is no provision of re-checking / re-evaluation of Answer Sheets.
25. The candidature of the candidate at all stages of the selection process shall be provisional in nature.
26. Mobile phones / pagers/ iPad / iPod / Tablets / Phablets or any other such electronic device is strictly prohibited inside the examination hall. Candidates are advised to not carry the same to the examination hall. Candidates have to make their own arrangement to keep these items out of the Examination Hall at their own risk. POWERGRID shall not be responsible for any loss of personal belongings. Possession of any electronic device inside the examination hall may lead to disqualification of candidature of the candidate.
27. In case a candidate submits more than 01 application for the same post, the application with the latest registration no. shall only be considered.
28. Candidates are required to fill in their bank details such as bank A/C No, Bank’s name Branch Name, IFSC code etc. in the online application form in order to enable us to process TA payment online if applicable.
Regd. Office: B-9, Qutab Institutional Area, Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi–110016 Corp. Centre: Saudamini Plot No.2, Sector-29, Gurgaon, Haryana – 122 001
Selection Process :
1. Selection procedure: Only Written Test/Computer Based Test shall be conducted.
2. Type of Written Test: The Written Test shall be of Objective type (each question shall have four options) of two hours duration consisting of two parts –
(a) Part-I consists of Technical Knowledge Test/Professional Knowledge Test (TKT/PKT) with 120 questions having specific questions from respective discipline.
(b) Part-II consists of Aptitude Test (AT) with 50 questions on vocabulary, verbal comprehension, quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability, data sufficiency & interpretation, numerical ability etc.
3. All questions would be MCQ type with 4 options and carry equal weightage (1 mark each). Wrong & multiple answers would result in negative marks of ¼. Candidates shall have the option for appearing in the Written Test in Hindi or English.
4. Qualifying criteria in Written Test:
i. Unreserved including EWS: Minimum of 40% marks subject to at least 30% marks in each Part-I & Part-II separately
ii. Reserved: Minimum of 30% marks subject to at least 25% marks in each Part-I & Part-II separately
How to Apply :
1. Interested eligible candidates should apply only through On-line Registration System of POWERGRID. To apply logon to http://www.powergrid.in → Careers section → Job Opportunities→ Openings → Regional Openings → Northern Region-1, Delhi Recruitment and then “Recruitment for the post of Diploma Trainee (Electrical/Civil) in NR-I-2021”. No other means/ mode of application shall be accepted. POWERGRID will not be responsible for bouncing back of any email sent to the candidate.
2. Before registering and submitting their applications on the website, the candidate should possess a Valid Self E-mail ID, Alternate E-mail ID and Mobile number.
3. Candidates are advised to upload the following documents while submitting online application in the space earmarked in the on-line application: –
a) Scanned copy of recent passport size color photograph max. (50kb) in .JPG format
b) Scanned copy of signature max (30kb) in .JPG format
c) Date of Birth Proof: Matric/ Birth Certificate (wherein DOB is mentioned) (max 1MB) in .pdf format
d) Qualification Certificate (Diploma/ Degree) along with Mark Sheets of all years/semesters (max. 10MB) along with Proof of norms adopted by the University/ Institute to convert CGPA/OGPA/DGPA into percentage (if applicable) (all Qualification Certificate & Mark Sheets are required to be scanned in .pdf format)
e) Candidates working in Govt./ PSU are required to apply through proper channel and need to upload “No Objection Certificate” from the present employer in .pdf format.
f) Caste Certificate in the prescribed GOI format issued by Competent Authority (if applicable) (max. 1MB) in .pdf format
g) Disability Certificate in the prescribed GOI format issued by Competent Authority (if applicable) (max. 1MB) in .pdf format
h) Ex-Serviceman Discharge Certificate, Undertaking and Proforma of Certificate for Employed Officials in case of Ex-Servicemen in the prescribed format (if applicable ) (max. 1MB) in .pdf format
i) Domicile cum Age relaxation certificates for Candidates from J&K State/ Riots Victim in the prescribed GOI format issued by Competent Authority (if applicable) (max. 1MB) in .pdf format
j) Employment Exchange Registration Certificate/ Receipt (if applicable) (1MB) in .pdf format.
4. Applicants are advised to take a print out of the submitted online application and note down the user ID and password generated at the time of online registration. On further announcement of dates for the written test, the eligible candidates shall download Admit cards from the POWERGRID website for appearing in the screening test. In case the candidate qualifies the written test and is called for further verification process then at that time the candidate is required to produce the above uploaded documents in original.
5. Information regarding this recruitment process shall be made available in the career section of POWERGRID website. Applicants are advised to check the website periodically for updates.
7. Candidates Are Not Required To Forward The Hard Copies Of Application To Powergrid.
8. Also, candidates should keep the following documents ready with themselves for any future requirement. (Self-attested copies):
a) Copy of online generated resume
b) Documents related to Essential Qualification (Passing Certificate & Mark sheets.)
c) Documents related to Other Qualifications (Passing Certificate and Mark sheets)
d) Proof of norms adopted by the University/ Institute to convert CGPA/OGPA/DGPA into percentage.
e) Proof of Date of Birth (X class certificate/ Birth Certificate)
f) Caste (SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS) Certificate for claiming Reservation/ Relaxation/concessions (as applicable)
g) Discharge Certificate (If applicable)
h) Disability Certificate (If applicable)
i) Any other relevant document
9. The admit card indicating Roll Number, Name of the allocated Test Center and guidelines for the test will be made available on our website to the candidates found apparently eligible based on the online data only. The candidate has to download his/her Admit card, Test Guidelines etc. for appearing in the test from the website only. Please note that the admit card will not be sent by post.
10. All information regarding this recruitment will be made available on the website: http://www.powergrid.in and no separate communication shall be made. Candidates must constantly visit website http://www.powergrid.in for information regarding dates of written test, downloading of admit card, result of written test, medical standards etc.
11. E-mail ID and Mobile number to be entered in online application form is mandatory. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new email ID before applying online. Candidates are advised to keep the e-mail ID and Mobile number entered compulsorily in the online application form, active for at least one year. No change in the email ID or mobile number will be allowed once entered. All future correspondence shall be made via E-mail and/or SMS only.
12. Applicants should keep sufficient copies of same photographs in reserve for future use, which they are using in the Online Registration.
13. It is mandatory that eligible candidates go through the full text of the advertisement and agree to all the conditions given, while applying for the post.
14. No manual / paper application will be entertained.
15. Closing date of online submission of applications and online payment of application fees 15.06.2021 (23:59 Hrs)