What is UMANG App?
The full form of UMANG is Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance. The UMANG App has been developed by National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) with the aim of driving mobile governance in India. This mobile app is designed to provide individuals access to a range of central, state and local government services using only a single platform.
How to Download UMANG App for Android & iPhone?
There are various ways to download the UMANG App on your mobile phone:
- Scan the QR Code provided on the Official Umang App website.
- Receive the UMANG App link on your phone by making a missed call to 97183-97183.
- Get a download link for the app by SMS to phone number provided by you on the UMANG website.
Alternately, you can also download UMANG directly from Android Play Store and Apple iTunes App store. The following are the applicable links:
How to Register on UMANG App?
The following is a step by step guide to new user registration on UMANG App:
Step1. Launch the UMANG App and click on the “Register” option.
Step2. Once you click the registration option, you will be redirected to the mobile number verification page. On this page you need to provide your mobile number in order to generate an OTP to complete the UMANG App registration process.
Step3. Once you have generated and input the OTP, you will be asked to create a MPIN and once you have set a MPIN, the registration is complete and you can view the UMANG App Home Page. This page shows a short list of recently opened services available through the UMANG App.
UMANG App Login
You can log into the UMANG App using various methods as follows:
- Mobile number registered with UMANG App and m-PIN
- Mobile number registered with UMANG App and OTP
- In case you have updated your social media account details with the app, you can login using your Facebook, Google+ or Twitter credentials.
Key Features and Benefits of UMANG App
The main benefit of UMANG is that you can access a range of online Government services offered by the central and state governments. The following are some key features of this Government scheme app:
- Simple categorisation of services as Recently Viewed, New and Updated, Trending, Top Rated and Suggested.
- Easily search for a specific State or Central Government service using the in-app filter.
- Available in multiple regional languages as well as in English.
- You can avail over 150 different Central and State government services using the App.
- Option of easy online payment of various utility bills – gas, water, electricity, etc.
- Key integration services on offer through UMANG App include Digilocker and Aadhaar.
List of Services Available on UMANG App
The following is a short list of services available through the UMANG Application for Mobile*:
|Digilocker||A secure cloud-based platform for storing, sharing and verifying documents/certificates.|
|Aadhaar Card||This allows you to view as well as download your Aadhaar Card from Digilocker Account.|
|EPFO||This service on UMANG allows you to monitor your EPF (Employee Provident Fund) Account Balance, EPF Pension Account Balance, etc. using UAN and OTP to registered mobile number.|
|NPS||National Pension System Login through UMANG App allows you to check your Tier 1 and Tier 2 Account balances, etc. through PRAN and password.|
|Pay Income Tax||This module available through UMANG application allows tax payers to pay their Advance Tax, Self Assessment Tax, etc. using Challan 280. After tax payment, the tax payment challan can also be tracked using the “Track Challan Status” service.|
|Ayushman Bharat||This is National Health Protection Scheme currently being implemented as a Pilot Project to provide primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare network to masses.|
|e-RaktKosh||This UMANG module is designed to provide access to blood banks through greater digitisation and connectivity of blood banks across the country.|
|Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna||This part of the Government promoted app is designed to provide services that promote financial inclusion across the country.|
|Jeevan Pramaan||The Jeevan Pramaan service is available only to pensioners. This UMANG module allows pensioners to generate a Life Certificate using mobile handset connected to an external biometric device.|
|Parivahan Sewa – Vahan||At present, this module in UMANG allows you to make payment of commercial road tax if Registration Certificate of the vehicle is updated on Digilocker.|
*The above list is not exhaustive and this is just a short list of 10 services available through the UMANG App.
How to use Umang App Services?
While the UMANG App registration/login can be completed using any phone number in India and OTP/password, individual services have to be accessed using credentials specific to that service. For example:
- To access the EPF module, you will need to provide UAN along with OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- To access NPS in UMANG App, you need to provide PRAN along with password/OTP to registered mobile number.
- To access the Income Tax Payment through UMANG feature, you will have to provide PAN along with key details such as date of birth and so on.