UPSC inviting applications for the positions of Assistant Section Officer. Interested and Eligible candidates can apply for the positions.
Last Date for Submission of Application is on 01st March, 2021.
No.of Posts and Vacancies :-
Assistant Section Officer – 30 Posts
Job Location – New Delhi
Education Qualification –
Subject: – Engagement of Retired Government Servants on contract basis at Assistant Section Officer Level Consultants in the office of Union Public Service Commission- reg. Union Public Service Commission invites applications from the Govt. servants who have retired or will retire by 28.02.2021 as Assistant Section Officers or equivalent-level from any Ministry/ Department or its attached/ subordinate offices for preparation of panel for engagement as Consultants at Assistant Section Officer Level in the Office of UPSC as under:
1. Name of the Post: Assistant Section Officer
2. No. of Consultants to be Engaged: 30 (Thirty) ASO Level Consultants
3. Remuneration Per month: To be calculated by deducting the basic pension from the pay drawn at the time of retirement, as per D/o Expenditure OM dated 09.12.2020
a. Should have retired as Assistant Section Officer or at equivalent level from any Ministry/ Department or its attached or subordinate offices of Central Govt.
b. Should have sound knowledge of Service Rules & noting / drafting
c. Should have working knowledge of computer or application of computer in the day to day functioning of office.
Age: Age Limit (as on 1.03.2021): Should not have attained the age of 62 years
Terms And Conditions
1. Period of engagement The engagement shall be initially for a period upto 31.12.2021 which may be extended/curtailed depending upon the performance of the Consultant or functional requirement of the Office. No Extension will be granted beyond the age of 65 years
2. Remuneration A fixed monthly amount shall be admissible, arrived at by deducting the basic pension from the pay drawn at the time of retirement. The amount of remuneration so fixed shall remain unchanged for the term of contract and there will be no annual increment / percentage increase during the contract period. No DA/HRA, residential accommodation shall be admissible.
3. Transport Allowance An appropriate and fixed amount as Transport Allowance for the purpose of commuting between the residence and the place of work shall be allowed not exceeding the rate applicable to the appointee at the time of retirement. No TA/DA is admissible for joining the assignment or on its completion. However, they will be entitled to draw TA/DA as per normal rules as applicable to any serving Officer of an equivalent rank in UPSC whenever they are required to travel outside Delhi in connection with the work of the Commission.
4. Leave The Consultants will be entitled for the paid leave at the rate of 1.5 days for each complete month of service. Accumulation of leave beyond calendar year may not be allowed. In special circumstances, the Consultant could be called for services on holidays or beyond normal working hours for which no extra remuneration will be paid. However, for attending office on Saturday’s /Sundays/ Other Gazetted holidays they may be given compensatory off.
5. Scope of Duties During the period of such engagement, the Consultants would be required to perform the duties of a dealing hand and if required, supervisory functions. They will report to SO/US depending upon the task assigned by the branch concerned.
6. Tax deduction at Source The Income Tax or any other tax liable to be deducted, as per the prevailing rules will be deducted at source before effecting the payment for which the office will issue TDS certificate.
7. Office time and working hours Engagement of Consultants would be on full time basis. Working hours shall be from 9.30 AM to 6.00 PM during working days including half an hour lunch break in between. They will not be allowed to take any other assignment during the period of contractual engagement. The Consultants may be called on Saturday/Sunday/other Gazetted holidays, if required.
8. Confidentiality of data and documents The Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) of the data collected as well as the deliverables produced for the office shall remain with this office. No one shall utilize or publish or disclose or part with, to a third party, any part of the data or statistics or proceedings or information collected for the purpose of this assignment or during the course of the assignment for the office, without the express written consent of the office. The Consultant shall be bound to hand over the entire set of records of assignment to the office before the expiry of the contract, and before the final payment is released by the office.
9. Conflict of interest The Consultant appointed by this office, shall in no case represent or give opinion or advice to others in any matter which is adverse to the interest of this office. No Consultant would be permitted to take up any other assignment during the period of Consultancy.
10. Termination of service The engagement may be terminated at any time by the office without assigning any reasons by giving a notice of 07 days. In case, a Consultant desires to leave the assignment, he/she is to give 07 day’s notice which can be curtailed/extended depending upon the workload.
11. UPSC shall not be responsible for any loss, accident, damage; injury suffered by the Consultant whatsoever arising in or out of the execution of his work including travel.
Deputy Secretary (Admn.), R.no. 220, Annexe Building Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110069.
Selection Procedure :
The engagement will be purely on contract basis. Application received in response to this advertisement will be shortlisted on the basis of experience and qualification of applicants. Consultants will be selected from shortlisted candidates. UPSC reserves the right to reject any application without mentioning any reason.
How to Apply :
Interested candidates, who fulfill the eligibility criteria, may submit their application in the prescribed proforma in sealed cover super-scribed “Application for engagement as Consultant (Assistant Section Officer Level) on contract basis in UPSC” which should reach this office latest by 01/03/2021, at the following address:- Deputy Secretary (Admn.), R.no. 220, Annexe Building Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110069.